To install Vizit on a hosted SharePoint environment, follow these steps:
Note: You must be a Site Collection administrator on all of the Site Collections on which you wish to activate the Vizit feature including the Central Administration site.
- Run the Vizit Solution Installer on a machine without SharePoint installed
- The installer will prompt you saying you are not running on a SharePoint web front end
- Click "Yes" to extract the WSP file
- Browse to a location where you would like the WSP extracted and click "OK"
- The Vizit.wsp file will be located under the directory you selected in the previous step
- You will need to send the WSP file to your host so that they can add the solution to the solution store using the stsadm command line tool. This must be run on the server.
- Once the solution has been added to the solution store, you can navigate to your SharePoint's Central Administration > Operations > Solution Management to deploy the solution package to the desired Web Applications.
- Once the package is deployed, navigate to each Site Collection in the Web Application that you deployed the feature to and choose Site Actions > Site Settings > Modify All Site Settings.
- On the Site Settings page, click the Site Collection Features link.
- Navigate to the Vizit feature and click the Activate button.