With 3.3, we have removed the requirement to run "copyappbincontent" on every Web Front End server. After upgrading from any 3.x build to version 3.3 or higher, follow these steps to properly clean up Vizit localization files and administration site maps from the App_GlobalResources folder:
- Open a command prompt on one of your Web Front End servers.
- In the command prompt, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\14.
(for SharePoint 2007, the last directory in the path would be 12 -- not 14)
- Now, navigate to the BIN directory.
- Type "stsadm -o copyappbincontent" and press ENTER.
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 on every Web Front End in the farm as well as the Application Server that is running the Central Administration website.
Prior to Vizit 3.3, we required that integrators call this command on every Web Front End to deploy localization files to App_GlobalResources. The copyappbincontent command also allowed us to create a bread-crumb trail in Vizit's Central Administration settings pages for easier navigation through the use of SharePoint's sitemap architecture. To make the installation process simpler, this requirement has been removed from the product and the above steps should be used when migrating to version 3.3 to ensure that no legacy localization or site map files are left behind.