Note: This does not apply to versions 4.1 and higher.
To use the Vizit Scanning solution, you must first have the Vizit solution installed and deployed. To install the Vizit scanning solution, follow these steps:
- As a farm administrator, on a machine in your SharePoint farm, open a command prompt
- From the command prompt, browse to your SharePoint installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12 or C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14)
- Run the following commands in the prompt
- cd bin
- stsadm -o addsolution -filename ..\TEMPLATE\Layouts\Vizit\Resources\Vizit.Scanning.wsp
- stsadm -o deploysolution -name Vizit.Scanning.wsp -immediate
- Once installed and deployed, the Vizit.Scanning solution will need to be activated in any site collection where you'd like to use scanning
Please contact us if you would like to use Vizit ad-hoc scanning in your evaluation.